Peacock, W. (William), -1910, Peacock's improved double dissection , [between 1875 and 1909]
- Peacock's improved double dissection : geography and history : America.
- Alternate Title(s):
- [London] : [W. Peacock], [between 1875 and 1909]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jigsaw puzzle (53 pieces) : paper on wood, hand colored ; puzzle 36 x 48 cm, in box 5 x 20 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1100 .P43 1875 FlatYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:36,748000. 580 miles to 1 inch.
- Title from lid of box.
Double-sided jigsaw puzzle, in 63 pieces. The image on one side bears: Cruchley's Map of America. Gall & Inglis, Edinburgh & London, 25 Paternoster Square. On the other: Equestrian Kings and Queens of England, from William the Conqueror to Victoria. William Peacock, manufacturer and publisher, London.
Numbered "29" in lower right corner.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: lacks 2 pieces. Signed on lid: Alan Davies Evans, Highmead. With a child's drawing, in graphite, on underside of lid.
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Maps.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Great Britain -- History -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers v Pictorial works.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Jigsaw puzzles.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.