A short treatise of hunting / compyled for the delight of noblemen and gentlemen by Sir Thomas Cockaine, knight, 1591 ; presented to the Roxburghe Club by G.E. Cokayne.
- London : Nichols and Sons, 25, Parliament Street, 1897.
- Physical Description:
- , iv,  pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1105 .R69 1897+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Preface signed: G.E. Cokayne.
Listed as numbers 134 in The Club's Catalogue of books, 1931.
Facsimile of the copy in the possession of Lord Aldenham. See: pages iii.
BAC: British Art Center copy on vellum. Roxburghe binding. Bound in quarter calf and purple boards. With the armorial bookplate of Lord Aldenham, from whose original the facsimile was made.
- Subject Terms:
- Aldenham, Lord -- Bookplate.Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- History.Hunting -- Great Britain.
- Facsimiles (Printing)
Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Cokayne, Thomas, Sir, approximately 1519-1592, A short treatise of hunting , 1897
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.