Memoir : prepared at the request of a committee of the Common council of the city of New York, and presented to the mayor of the city, at the celebration of the completion of the New York canals / by Cadwallader D. Colden.
- Additional Title(s):
Account of the grand canal celebration at New York, November the fourth, 1825
- New York : Printed by order of the corporation of New York, by W.A. Davis, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- v, , 408, , pages,  leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations, maps, portraits ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTC624.N7 C65 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Contains numerous illustrations of fire-engines, Erie canal scenes, and facsimiles of letters from Adams, Jefferson, Monroe and others.
Engravings by A.B. Durand, Samuel Maverick, John F. Morin, and John Francis Eugene Prud'homme.
With lithographs by Anthony Imbert.
Added title page: An account of the grand canal celebration at New York, November the fourth, 1825.
"Appendix, containing an account of the commemoration of the completion of the Erie Canal."--Pages -288.
"Narrative of the festivities observed in honor of the completion of the grand Erie Canal."--Pages -408.
Includes bibliographical references.
Errata: page , 3rd count.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 14279
BEIN Nec47 Er46 825c: Bound with: New York (City) Common council. Appendix ... 1826. Bound with: Stone, Wm. L. Narrative of the festivities observed in honor of the completion of the grand Erie Canal, 1825.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red gilt- and blind-stamped morocco; presentation binding from the City of New York to Major General Morton, of the Artillery of the State of New York.
- Subject Terms:
- Canals -- New York (State)Davis, W. A. -- Printer.Erie Canal (N.Y.)Fire engines -- New York (State) -- New York.Morton, Jacob, 1761-1836 -- Provenance
Engravings -- 1825.
Lithographs -- 1825.
YCBA Collections Search
Colden, Cadwallader D. (Cadwallader David), 1769-1834, Memoir , 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.