Colden, Cadwallader D. (Cadwallader David), 1769-1834, Memoir , 1825
- Memoir : prepared at the request of a committee of the Common council of the city of New York, and presented to the mayor of the city, at the celebration of the completion of the New York canals / by Cadwallader D. Colden.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Account of the grand canal celebration at New York, November the fourth, 1825
- New York : Printed by order of the corporation of New York, by W.A. Davis, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- v, , 408, , pages,  leaves of plates (some folded) : illustrations, maps, portraits ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTC624.N7 C65 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Contains numerous illustrations of fire-engines, Erie canal scenes, and facsimiles of letters from Adams, Jefferson, Monroe and others.
Engravings by A.B. Durand, Samuel Maverick, John F. Morin, and John Francis Eugene Prud'homme.
With lithographs by Anthony Imbert.
Added title page: An account of the grand canal celebration at New York, November the fourth, 1825.
"Appendix, containing an account of the commemoration of the completion of the Erie Canal."--Pages -288.
"Narrative of the festivities observed in honor of the completion of the grand Erie Canal."--Pages -408.
Includes bibliographical references.
Errata: page , 3rd count.
BEIN Nec47 Er46 825c: Bound with: New York (City) Common council. Appendix ... 1826. Bound with: Stone, Wm. L. Narrative of the festivities observed in honor of the completion of the grand Erie Canal, 1825.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red gilt- and blind-stamped morocco; presentation binding from the City of New York to Major General Morton, of the Artillery of the State of New York.
- Subject Terms:
- Canals -- New York (State)Davis, W. A. -- Printer.Erie Canal (N.Y.)Fire engines -- New York (State) -- New York.Morton, Jacob, 1761-1836 -- Provenance
Engravings -- 1825.
Lithographs -- 1825.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.