- Birmingham, England, 1913.
- Physical Description:
- 2 tea trays : electroplated nickel silver ; 43.2 x 53.3 x 4 cm and 34.3 x 43.2 x 4 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat C 2021 3Yale Center for British Art, Zipporah S. Schefrin Collection, Gift of Zipporah S. Schefrin and the Heirs of Zipporah S. SchefrinView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for Elkington & Co. tea and coffee service set
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The firm of Elkington & Co. was founded in Birmingham, in the 1830s, by George Richards Elkington and his brother, Henry Elkington. By the late 19th century, it was the leading silver- and electroplate company in the world, with nearly 1000 workers.
See link herewith for an Elkington & Co. tea and coffee service set, also from the Zipporah S. Schefrin Collection.
Two oval trays, both with floral decoration at tray edges.
Both pieces bear the number 22502 on the bottom. Beneath the number are makers marks: 'E & Co.' (shield), 'E' '&' 'Co.', and 'ELKINGTON' 'PLATE'. Farther below the maker's marks is the date mark 'B', indicating 1913.
- Subject Terms:
- Silverwork -- Great Britain.Tea -- Great Britain.
- Silver plating.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.