IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Philip & Son, Dominion of Canada with Newfoundland, [approximately 1910]
Dominion of Canada with Newfoundland.
- Additional Title(s):
Title on box lid: Superior dissected maps: Canada
- London : George Philip & Son, Ltd., The London Geographical Institute, [approximately 1910]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jigsaw puzzle (51 pieces) : paper on wood, hand colored ; map 22 x 29 cm, puzzle 36 x 48 cm, in box 5 x 20 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG3401.S6 .G4 1910 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale approximately 1:20,000,000.
- The map shows the provinces and territories as they were circa 1910: after the creation of Alberta and Saskatchewan (1905) but before the expansion of Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec (1912).
Title from puzzle.
Issued in a wooden box, the lid of which is illustrated with pictures of ships, animals and human figures.
BAC: British Art Center copy is complete. Accompanied by the same map printed on paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Canada -- Maps.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.
- Jigsaw puzzles.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.