Peacock, W. (William), -1910, Peacock's Superior dissected maps , [between 1875 and 1909]
Peacock's Superior dissected maps : England and Wales.
- Additional Title(s):
Title on map: Cruchley's Map of England
- London : Pubd. by W. Peacock, [between 1875 and 1909]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jigsaw puzzle (85 pieces) : paper on wood, hand colored ; puzzle 36 x 48 cm, in box 5 x 20 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5750 .P43 1875 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ellen and Arthur Liman, Yale JD 1957View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:36,748000.
- Double-sided jigsaw puzzle. The image on one side bears: Cruchley's Map of England. On the other: Whole length portraits of the kings and queens of England.
Title and imprint from box top.
Map has imprint: "Gall & Inglis, Edinburgh & London, 25 Paternoster Square."
Issued in a wooden box illustrated with allegorical representations of America, Europe, Africa, Asia surrounded by numerous artifacts representing the arts and sciences.
No. "6" in lower right corner.
Gall & Inglis were active at 25 Paternoster Row from 1875 to 1909.
BAC: British Art Center copy complete. Accompanied by photocopy of the completed puzzle.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Maps.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.Great Britain -- History -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers v Pictorial works.Liman, Ellen and Arthur -- Provenance.Wales -- Maps.
- Jigsaw puzzles.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.