Observations on fox-hunting and the management of hounds in the kennel and the field : addressed to a young sportsman, about to undertake a hunting establishment / by Colonel Cook, H.P. 28th Dragoons.
- Additional Title(s):
Spine title: Col. Cook's observations on fox hunting
- London : Printed for the author, by William Nicol, Cleveland Row, St. James's : and sold by Rowe and Waller, booksellers, Fleet-Street, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 292 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .C66 1826 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .C66 1826+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs by M. Gauci; after James Barenger.
"Lists of Hounds"--pages -292.
Subscribers' list on pages v-xvi.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 129
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original brown boards, with printed spine label. Autograph: James Wood.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary blue-green boards, lower board lacking. Armorial bookplates: [motto] Leges Juraque Serva; William D.C. Ruxton.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Hunting dogs -- Great Britain.Ruxton, William D.C. -- Bookplate.Wood, James -- Autograph.
- Lithographs -- 1826.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Cook, John, 1773-1829, Observations on fox-hunting and the management of hounds in the kennel and the field , 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.