A description of the English province of Carolana : by the Spaniards call'd Florida, and by the French La Louisiane : as also of the great and famous river Meschacebe or Missisipi : the five vast navigable lakes of fresh water, and the parts adjacent : together with an account of the commodities of the growth and production of the said province : and a preface containing some considerations of the consequences of the French making settlements there / by Daniel Coxe, Esq.
- London : Printed for B. Cowse, at the Rose and Crown in St. Paul's Church-yard, MDCCXXII 
- Physical Description:
- , 122 pages, ( folded leaf of plates) : map ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF352 .C69 1722Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, T31685
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 1722.
BEIN Egi M6 722: Book-plate of Samuel Rogess. Signatures: [A]2 ([A]1--blank?--wanting) B8c-d8e2B-H8I4K2 (K2 [blank?] wanting).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary panelled calf. Case label with motto: Honi soit qui mal y pense.
- Subject Terms:
- Florida -- Description and travel.Great Lakes (North America) -- Description and travel.Louisiana -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Louisiana -- Description and travel.Mississippi River -- Description and travel.Mississippi River Valley -- Description and travel.Rogess, Samuel -- Bookplate.Southwest, Old -- Description and travel.
- Travel literature.
Engravings -- 1722.
YCBA Collections Search
Coxe, Daniel, 1673-1739, A description of the English province of Carolana , MDCCXXII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.