Journal of an embassy from the governor general of India to the court of Ava in the year 1827 / by John Crawfurd ... late envoy ; with an appendix containing a description of fossil remains by Professor Buckland and Mr. Clift.
- London : Henry Colburn, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 516, 89,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS527.7 .C73 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by John Heaviside Clark; after W.E. Reid.
Lithographs by George Scharf; after William Clift. Printed by C. Hullmandel.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street, Fleet Street.
Wood engravings in text.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 405
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half calf with marbled boards. Armorial bookplates: Sir James Brabazon Urmiston and Henry Brabazon Urmiston.
- Subject Terms:
- British -- Burma.Burma -- Description and travel.Colburn, Henry -- Publisher.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Paleontology -- Burma.S. and R. Bentley -- Printer.Urmiston, Henry Brabazon -- Bookplate.Urmiston, James Brabazon, Sir -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- 1829.
Wood engravings -- 1829.
Lithographs -- 1829.
- Contents of the plates: A plan of the Burman Dominions
- Plan of the fortress and city of Ava
- The white elephant
- Ancient temple at Pugan
- Profile of a man covered with hair
- Portrait of a woman of the Kyen Tribe
- Shwe-Maong a native of Lao. Infant child of Shwe-Maong
- Image of Gautama on his throne, from a temple at Sagaing
- [Five plates of fossil remains].