Smith, Nicholas D., 1975-, An actor's library , 2017
An actor's library : David Garrick, book collecting and literary friendships / Nicholas D. Smith.
- New Castle, Delaware : Oak Knoll Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 345 pages, 1 unnumbered pgae : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryZ997.G24 S65 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Book collecting -- Europe -- History -- 18th century.English drama -- 17th century -- Bibliography.English drama -- Early modern and Elizabethan, 1500-1600 -- Bibliography.Garrick, David, 1717-1779 -- Books and reading.Garrick, David, 1717-1779 -- Friends and associates.Garrick, David, 1717-1779 -- Library.Private libraries -- England -- History -- 18th century.
- Book collecting, bibliomania and the eighteenth-century
- Building a library
- Garrick, book culture and The Club
- Collecting Shakespeare and other English dramatists
- Book-buying in France and Italy
- Appendix A. Locations of Garrick's books
- Appendix B. Books to which Garrick subscribed
- Appendix C. Books addressed/dedicated to Garrick
- Appendix D. Lots purchased by Thomas Thorpe at the 1823 sale
- Appendix E. Garrick books formerly belonging to George Frederick Beltz
- Appendix F. Carrington Garrick's books.