Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, Illustrations of popular works , 
Illustrations of popular works : Part I / by George Cruikshank.
- London : Published for the artist by Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, Paternoster row. Charles Whittingham, London, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.C78 I45 1830Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from Cohn.
No more published.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 187
BEIN Jn18 O338w: In case 28 cm. Original brown printed paper wrappers.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a small paper copy. In original brown printed wrappers. Inscription: To J B Michaels [?] Esqr with Mr. Pettigrew's [?] best regards.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Etching -- Specimens -- 1830.Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green -- Publisher.Michaels, J B -- Pres. insc. from Mr. Pettigrew.Satire, English.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Wit and humor, English.
- Combat between Roderick & Capt. Weazel (Roderick Random)
- The vicar preaching to the prisoners (Vicar of Wakefield)
- Ten Breeches (Knickerbocker's New York)
- The family picture (Vicar of Wakefield)
- Anthony Van Colear & Peter Stuyvesant (Knickerbocker's New York)
- The Deil cam fiddling tho' the town (Burns' poems).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.