Daniel, William Barker, 1753?-1833, Supplement to the Rural sports, 1813
Supplement to the Rural sports.
- London : Printed by T. Davidson, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- , 507,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .D36 1813+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .D36 1813+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Added engraved title page has imprint: Supplement to the Rural sports, by the Rev. Wm. B. Daniel ... Printed for B. & R. Crosby & Co., Stationers Court, Ludgate Street, 1813.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 100
Lowndes, W.T. Bibliographer's manual of English literature (1871 edition), v. 1, p. 539
"A catalogue of books on angling": p. -20.
Index:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 lacks the letterpress title page. Bound in dark green moroccoo tooled in gilt. Bookplate: The library of Wesport House.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in gilt-tooled striated green morocco. Armorial bookplate: Westport House. The Wesport House copy of volumes 1-3 (1805) is cataloged separately (SK31 .D86 1805+ Copy 1).
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in later gilt-tooled red morocco, by Zaehnsdorf, 1913. Extra illustrated with 32 additional plates, collected by Sir Thomas Brocklebank, with  p. of typed notes tipped in at front, describing Brocklebank's copy. Bookplate: Harry Worcester Smith. Brocklebank's and Smith's copy of volumes 1-3 (1805) is cataloged separately (SK31 .D86 1805+ Copy 2).
- Subject Terms:
- Brocklebank, Thomas, Sir -- Provenance.Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Falconry -- Great Britain.Fishing -- Great Britain.Fowling -- Great Britain.Hunting -- Great Britain.Sligo, Marquess of -- Bookplate.Smith, Harry Worcester -- Bookplate.Sports -- Great Britain.Westport House -- Bookplate.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.