The golden carpet / by Somerset De Chair.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1943.
- Physical Description:
- 128 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD811 .D43 1943Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Pforzheimer Intelligence 5847: Copy number 418. From the library of Walter L. Pforzheimer.
"Published by permission of the War office."--Title page.
"Printed in Great Britain by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London, E.C. 4, in 14 pt. Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper, and finished on the 7th day of April, 1943. The edition is limited to 500 copies, of which numbers 1-30 are bound in full-morocco, numbers 31-500 in quarter morocco."--Colophon.
Map on endpapers.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 155
BEIN Bia98 A963 D35: "Limited to 500 copies ... Number 16."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 28 of 500, signed by the author. Bound in green full morocco. Prospectus for The golden carpet, sequel to the present title, has been removed and cataloged separately (D811 .D312 1943a).
"The story of our fabled march from the Mediterranean to the Tigria to capture Baghdad; The night in Beth Shan; and other poems."--Preface.
- Subject Terms:
- Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 -- Ownership.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.World War, 1939-1945 -- Iraq.World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, British.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.