The silver crescent / by Somerset de Chair.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1943.
- Physical Description:
- 126,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD811 .D312 1943Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Pforzheimer Intelligence 5846: Copy number 454. From the library of Walter L. Pforzheimer.
"Printed and published by Christopher Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in 14 pt. Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper, and finished on the 3d day of September, 1943. The edition is limited to 500 copies, of which numbers 1-30 are bound in full-morocco, numbers 31-500 in quarter morocco."--Colophon.
Map on lining-papers.
"Published by permission of the War Office."--Title page.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 157
BEIN Bia98 A962 D35: No. 311.
BEIN 2008 +276: No. 379. Binder's stamp: S. & S., London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 10 of 500, signed by the author. Bound in navy full morocco, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
An account of the capture of Palmyra in Syria.
- Subject Terms:
- De Chair, Somerset Struben, 1911- -- Autograph.Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 -- Ownership.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Iraq.World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Syria.World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, British.World War, 1939-1945 -- Syria.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Photomechanical prints -- 1943.
Binders' stamps (Binding) -- S. & S.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.