Defoe, Daniel, 1661?-1731, The life and surprising adventures of Robinson Crusoe, of York, mariner , 1831
- The life and surprising adventures of Robinson Crusoe, of York, mariner / with introductory verses by Bernard Barton, and illustrated with numerous engravings from drawings by George Cruikshank expressly designed for this edition.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Robinson Crusoe. 1831
- London : Printed at the Shakespeare press, by W. Nicol, for John Major, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3403 .A1 1831Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece plate engraved by William Raddon, after Cruikshank.
Cruikshank's designs engraved on wood by John Jackson, Thomas Williams, and Samuel M. Slader.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 229
BEIN Defoe 50 831c: Bookplate of Alvin W. Krech.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in brown cloth; rebacked. Bookplates: Rev. Thomas Smyth, D.D.; Ellison A. Smyth.
- Subject Terms:
- Krech, Alvin W. -- Bookplate.Major, John -- Publisher.Nicol, W. -- Printer.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Smyth, Ellison A. -- Bookplate.Smyth, Thomas -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1831.
Engravings -- 1831.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.