Sutton, Emily, 1983-, Song thrush, ca. 2008
- Song thrush.
- ca. 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embroidered bird ; 14 x 23 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat B 14bYale Center for British Art, Gift of Nancy and Robert LindemeyerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The work depicts a Song thrush (Turdus philomelos), with brown upperparts and black-spotted yellow and white underparts.
" ... made from painted and embroidered fabric, wrapped wire, glass (eyes) and wood (beak). It is part of an ongoing series of birds that I have been making since 2007 which were inspired by an interest in taxidermy as well as both American and British folk art traditions."--Correspondence from the artist, February 10, 2016.
- Subject Terms:
- Birds -- Great Britain.Folk art.Song thrush.Taxidermy.Women in natural history.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.