- ca. 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 embroidered bird ; 9 x 20 x 6 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFlat C 2017 1cYale Center for British Art, Gift of Nancy and Robert LindemeyerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The work depicts a Grey wagtail (Motacilla cinerea), with grey upperparts and yellow and black underparts.
" ... made from painted and embroidered fabric, wrapped wire, glass (eyes) and wood (beak). It is part of an ongoing series of birds that I have been making since 2007 which were inspired by an interest in taxidermy as well as both American and British folk art traditions."--Correspondence from the artist, February 10, 2016.
- Subject Terms:
- Birds -- Great Britain.Folk art.Taxidermy.Wagtails.Women in natural history.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.