The art of hunting, or, Three hunting mss : a revised edition of The art of hunting by William Twici, huntsman to King Edward the Second, by H. Dryden, 1844 : The craft of venery : a translation of La chasse du cerf / edited by Alice Dryden.
- Additional Title(s):
Art of hunting
Three hunting mss
Chasse du cerf
- Northampton : Printed by William Mark, Old Swan Yark Works, 1908.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 163 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK25 .T8513 1908Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The manuscript copy of The craft of venery, referred to in the present work as the Baker manuscript, is now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts, SK25 .T85 1450).
"Bibliography of printed books in English and French upon hunting, written prior to...1800": p. 141-157.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in white vellum with gilt lettering on front cover and spine. All edges gilt.
- Subject Terms:
- Deer hunting -- England.Hunting -- Bibliography.Hunting -- England.Mark, William -- Printer.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1908.
Wood engravings -- 1908.
- Editor's preface
- Le art de venerie / par Guyllame Twici
- The art of hunting / William Twici
- Notes to The art of hunting
- Appendix: Hounds ; Hunting horns ; Hunting music ; Costume
- The craft of venery, Baker ms.
- La chasse du cerf : a poem written about MCCL / tr. into English by H.E.L. Dryden
- Sepulchral monuments