Freeman, Strickland, 1754?-1821, The art of horsemanship , 1806
- The art of horsemanship : altered and abbreviated, according to the principles of the late Sir Sidney Medows / by Strickland Freeman, Esq.
- London : Printed for the author by W. Bulmer and Co., Cleveland-Row, St. James's : and sold by James Carpenter, bookseller to Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and Duke of York, Old-Bond-Street : and G. and W. Nicol, Pall-Mall, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- , xix, , 254,  pages, 16 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .F74 1806+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by William Skelton; after Henry Bernard Chalon.
Last page blank.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 84
BEIN Uzfe45 +806f: First prelim. leaf (half-title) wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary tree calf; all edges speckled blue; pink place-marking ribbon; rebacked in brown morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse sports.Horsemanship.Horses -- Training.
- Engravings -- 1806.
Mezzotints -- 1806.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.