In memoriam of Lord Kitchener, K.G., K.P., G.C.B., etc. : born June 24th, 1850 : drowned by the sinking of H.M.S. Hampshire off the Orkney Islands, June 5th, 1916.
- London : City Post Card Company, 42, Mansell Street, E.C., 1916.
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA68.32.K6 I5 1916 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Poem printed on front: Rest in Peace, Oh warrior brave/Now your task is o'er/All your best you gladly gave/To help us win the war/But the "Last Post," now has sounded/You've laid aside your sword/And God has called you from us/To your noble won reward/And this prayer we all are breathing/Through our hearts are wrung with pain/Rest on in peace, brave soldier/Till the trumpet sounds again.
- Subject Terms:
- City Post Card Co. -- Publisher.Death.Elegaic poetry,. English.English poetry.Grief.Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1850-1916. Earl, -- Death and burial.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.World War, 1914-1918.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
Photomechanical prints -- 1916.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.