IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
In memoriam of Lord Kitchener, K.G., K.P., G.C.B., etc. , 1916
In memoriam of Lord Kitchener, K.G., K.P., G.C.B., etc. : born June 24th, 1850 : drowned by the sinking of H.M.S. Hampshire off the Orkney Islands, June 5th, 1916.
- London : City Post Card Company, 42, Mansell Street, E.C., 1916.
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA68.32.K6 I5 1916 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Poem printed on front: Rest in Peace, Oh warrior brave/Now your task is o'er/All your best you gladly gave/To help us win the war/But the "Last Post," now has sounded/You've laid aside your sword/And God has called you from us/To your noble won reward/And this prayer we all are breathing/Through our hearts are wrung with pain/Rest on in peace, brave soldier/Till the trumpet sounds again.
- Subject Terms:
- City Post Card Co. -- Publisher.Death.Elegaic poetry,. English.English poetry.Grief.Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1850-1916. Earl, -- Death and burial.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.World War, 1914-1918.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
Photomechanical prints -- 1916.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.