In memory of Lord Kitchener : born June 24, 1850 : drowned June 5, 1916.
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identiied], 1916.
- Physical Description:
- 1 postcard : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA68.32.K6 I62 1916 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Poem printed on front: Called by the people in their need/To guide, to guard, to counsel, and inspire/by noble precept, noble deed/And fill her sons with righteous zeal and fire/Thou guardian of the British race/The value of they life can not be told/Thy greatness time can not efface/Nor words in fullest majesty unfold ...
Illustration of a portrait of Lord Kitchener at top of card withing black border.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Elegaic poetry,. English.English poetry.Grief.Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1850-1916. Earl, -- Death and burial.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.World War, 1914-1918.
- Memorials (Commemorative)
Photomechanical prints -- 1916.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.