Bryant, Julius, Designing the V&A , 2017
- Designing the V&A : the museum as a work of art (1857-1909) / Julius Bryant.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Designing the Victoria and Albert
- London : Lund Humphries : in association with V&A Publishing, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 175 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN1150 .B79 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London, May 5-December 1, 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 166-169) and index.
The building of the Victoria and Albert Museum, begun in 1857, is the most elaborately designed and decorated museum in Britain. This book is the first to consider the V&A as a work of art in itself, presenting drawings, watercolours and historic photographs relating to the Museum's 19th-century interiors. Much of this visual material is previously unpublished and is outside the canon of Victorian art and design.
- Subject Terms:
- 20.12 art museums.Architektur.Art museum architecture -- England -- London -- Exhibitions.Art museum architecture.Art museums -- England -- London -- History -- Exhibitions.Art museums.Ausstattung.England -- London.Entwurf.Museumsbau.Victoria and Albert Museum -- Exhibitions.Victoria and Albert Museum.Victoria and Albert Museum.Zeichnung.
- Exhibition catalogs.