Carolina sports, by land and water : including incidents of devil-fishing, &c. / by the Hon. W.M. Elliott, of Beaufort, S.C.
- Charleston : Burges and James, publishers, 1846.
- Physical Description:
- 172 pages ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK125 .E45 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Several of the sketches ... have already been published under signatures of 'Piscastor' and 'Venator.'"--Preface
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 176
BEIN Uzn33 S6 846e Copy 1: Author's presentation copy to D. Colden Murray.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed cream wrappers; spine lacking. Publisher's advertisement on back cover. Signed in manuscript: G.E. Bruce.
- Subject Terms:
- Bruce, G.E. -- Autograph.Elliott, William, 1788-1863 -- Ownership.Elliott, William, 1788-1863 -- Presentation inscription to D.C. Murray.Fishing -- South Carolina.Hunting -- South Carolina.Murray, D. Colden -- Presentation inscription from W. Elliott.
- Publishers' advertisements.
YCBA Collections Search
Elliott, William, 1788-1863, Carolina sports, by land and water , 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.