Forty etchings : from sketches made with the camera lucida, in North America, in 1827 and 1828 ... / By Captain Basil Hall.
- Edinburgh [etc.] : Cadell & co. [etc.], 1829.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., ii p., 21 l. : front. (fold. map) XL pl.on 20 l. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process E165.H35 F67 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database (Egf +827G)
- BEIN Egf +827G Copy 2: Variant. Plates uncolored.
Two etchings on verso of each plate, accompanied by leaf with descriptive text.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Quarto. Rebacked. Old printed boards. Frontispiece (folding color map), plates. Spine height: 13 1/16 inches. In oatmeal cloth slip-case, ht: 13 9/16 inches (black leather label: HALL/SKETCHES IN NORTH AMERICA/EDINBURGH 1829).
- Subject Terms:
- Canada -- Pictorial works.United States -- Aerial views.United States -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.