Forty etchings from sketches made with the camera lucida, in North America, in 1827 and 1828 / by Captain Basil Hall, R.N.
- Edinburgh : Cadell & Co. ; London : Simpkin & Marshall, and Moon, Boys & Graves, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- , ii,  pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations, map ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsE165 .H35 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database (Egf +827G)
- Engraved by W.H. Lizars.
Two etchings on recto of each plate, numbered I-XL, accompanied by a leaf with descriptive text on the verso of the facing leaf.
BAC E165.H35 1829: Plates are hand-colored. In publisher's brown printed boards, rebacked with printed waste from a legal document.
BEIN Egf +827G Copy 2: Variant. Plates uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Camera lucidas.Canada -- Description and travel.Canada -- History -- 1791-1841.United States -- Description and travel.United States -- History -- 1825-1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Hall, Basil, 1788-1844, Forty etchings from sketches made with the camera lucida, in North America, in 1827 and 1828 , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.