Hamilton, G. Rostrevor (George Rostrevor), 1888-1967, The Latin portrait , 1929
The Latin portrait : an anthology / made by G. Rostrevor Hamilton.
- London : The Nonesuch Press, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 367,  pages : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA6164 .H36 1929Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 59
BEIN Gn5 19: No. 1350.
Title page is engraved, with vignette, within architectural border.
With head and tail pieces.
Translations of Latin poetry into English by various authors, with the Latin text.
"This edition consists of 1050 copies for sale in England by the Nonesuch Press and 500 copies for sale in the United States by Random House, Inc. The text has been printed by R. Maclehose & Co., Ltd., the University Press, Glasgow, the copperplate engravings by A. Alexander & Son, London; the whole under the care of Francis Meynell."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 461 of 1050. Bound in publisher's original maize full buckram.
AOB has copy no. 887/1050.
AOB has copy no. 34/1050.
AOB has copy no. "Out of series" (Copy 3)
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- Translations from Latin.Hugo, Harold -- Ownership.Latin poetry -- Translations into English.Latin poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Engravings -- 1929.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.