Merry Widow Hanky : a laugh on the girls.
- England : [publisher not identified], [approximately 1954]
- Physical Description:
- 1 printed envelope : illustrations ; 10 x 15 cm and 1 cotton handkerchief ; 11 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6147 .M47 1954 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "The girls get curious about the ruffles on the Handkerchief showing from your pocket. They think you have other sweethearts but when they investigate the hanky, AH! it is not a Handkerchief at all but something else, indeed!! Fold the hanky so that the lace protrudes frm the pocket--it won't take long for the fun to start."
Handkerchief, unfolded, is in the shape of a pair of lavender lace trimmed ladies underwear with the poem printed on them: Short but Sweet. Mary had some little pants/Too short were they to show/But everywhere that Mary went/The pants were sure to go. Accompanied by printed paper envelope.
- Subject Terms:
- Wit and humor -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.