The Grecian enchanted / by Phyllis Hartnoll ; with eight aquatints by John Buckland-Wright.
- London : Printed in Great Britain at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1952.
- Physical Description:
- 80 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6015.A37 G74 1952+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The title page is printed in green, pink and black within black ornamental border.
"Designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press. Composition and presswork under the supervision of E.T. Kelly at the Chiswick Press. The edition is limited to 360 numbered copies printed on Arnold's mould-made paper in Caslon's Old Face type. Nos. 1-60 are specially bound and contain in a gusset a second set of the eight illustrations with an extra one, all printed from the copper-plates." --Colophon.
Buckland Wright, J. Engravings of John Buckland Wright, A65
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 2 of 360. Bound in gilt-stamped teal and pink morocco by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. Second set of eight illustrations with an extra one in pocket inside back cover. Signed by author and engraver.
- Subject Terms:
- Buckland Wright, John -- Autograph.Greece -- History -- Fictions.Hartnoll, Phyllis, -- Autograph.Historical fiction, English.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Syracuse (Italy) -- History -- Fiction.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Aquatints -- 1952.
Engravings -- 1952.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.