Hawker, Peter, 1786-1853, Instructions to young sportsmen in all that relates to guns and shooting , 1824
- Instructions to young sportsmen in all that relates to guns and shooting / by Lt. Col. P. Hawker.
- Third edition / considerably enlarged and improved : with ten explanatory plates.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824.
London : Printed by Charles Wood, Poppin's Court, Fleet Street
- Physical Description:
- , vi-xxii, 470 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK37 .H39 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
Engravings by Wilson Lowry, T. Ovenden, Joseph Constantine Stadler, John Scott, William Henry Timms; after Peter Hawkins.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 389
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary diced calf. Armorial bookplate: Johannis Naylor.
- Subject Terms:
- Firearms.Hunting.Naylor, John -- Bookplate.Shooting.
- Aquatints -- 1824.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
Engravings -- 1824.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.