The history of Herodotus of Halicarnassus / the translation of G. Rawlinson revised & annotated by A.W. Lawrence ; with nine wood engravings by V. Le Campion and a series of maps by T. Poulton ; to which is added, a life of Herodotus and the Behiston inscription.
- Additional Title(s):
- Bloomsbury : The Nonesuch Press, MCMXXXV 
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 778,  pages, IX leaves of plates : illustrations, maps ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD58 .M5 1935+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This edition consists of 675 copies for sale by the Nonesuch Press in England and Random House in the United States of America. It has been designed by Francis Meynell and printed and made in England by Walter Lewis, M.A., Printer to the University, at the University Press, Cambridge. The text type is Nonesuch Plantin, prepared for this edtion, with Perpetua and Felicity italics."--Page [iv]
Title page in black and red; illustrated half title.
Some maps on double leaves bound in at end.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 102
BEIN Gfh66 +bg935: "This edition consists of 675 copies ... This is number 88."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 418 of 675. Bound by A. Bain & Co. in blue quarter vellum and blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- History, Ancient.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1935.
YCBA Collections Search
Herodotus, The history of Herodotus of Halicarnassus , MCMXXXV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.