Hippodonomia, or The true structure, laws, and economy of the horse's foot : also, Podophthora, or, A ruinous defect in the principle of the common shoe detected, and demonstrated by experiments : with a proposition for a new principle of shoeing, which abundant practice has since confirmed / by Bracy Clark, F.L.S. ...
- Second edition, enlarged and improved.
- London : Printed for the author : sold by T. & G. Underwood, 32, Fleet-Street, and E. Limebeer, 19, Giltspur-Street, Newgate-Street, 1829.
[London] : Gaulter, printer, Lovell's Court, Paternoster-Row.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 10-140, 79,  pages, 11 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF907 .C53 1829+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Previously published under the title: A series of original experiments on the foot of the living horse. London, 1809.
Engravings by Milton, after Sy
Printer's statement from title page verso.
Plates engraved by T. Milton and F. Sansom, after S. Edwards, Cruikshanks, and A. Lingham.
BEIN Uzfe17 +829C: Binder's title: Clark on horse's foot.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later black quarter morocco and blue cloth. Autograph of R.B. Forbes (?). Has bound with it: Clark, Bracy, 1771-1860. A description of two ancient horse-shoes found near Silbury Hill, in Wiltshire. [London] : J. and C. Adlard, printers, Bartholomew Close, [1836?]
- Subject Terms:
- Forbes, R. B. -- Autograph.Hoofs.Horseshoeing.
- Engravings -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Clark, Bracy, 1771-1860, Hippodonomia, or The true structure, laws, and economy of the horse's foot , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.