Eikema Hommes, Margriet van, 1969-, Changing pictures , 2004
Changing pictures : discoloration in 15th-17th-century oil paintings / Margriet van Eikema Hommes.
- London : Archetype, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 263 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits (some color) ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryND1450 .E35 2004 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Kleuren.Paint -- History.Paint.Painting, Renaissance -- Conservation and restoration.Painting, Renaissance -- Conservation and restoration.Pigments -- Preservation.Pigments -- Preservation.Schilderijen.Techniek.
- Determining the intentions of painting methods and recipes
- Methods used by painters to prevent colour changes described in 16th to early 18th century sources on oil painting
- Verdigris glazes in historical oil paintings: recipes and techniques
- Indigo as a pigment in oil painting and its fading problems
- Discoloratin or chiaroscuro? an interpretation of the dark areas in Raphael's Transfiguration of Christ.