IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Josephus, Flavius, The works of Josephus , MDCLXXVI 
The works of Josephus : with great diligence revised and amended, according to the excellent French translation of Monsieur Arnauld D'andilly ; also the embassy of Philo Judæus to the emperor Caius Caligula, never translated before, with the references of the Scripture, a new map of the Holy Land, and divers copper-plates serving to illustrate the history.
- Additional Title(s):
Works. English. 1676
- London : Printed by Abel Roper at the Sun against St. Dunstan's Church in Fleet-Street, MDCLXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 543 [i.e. 545], , 557-854 [i.e. 846],  p. : ill., 1 folded map. ; 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS116 .J6714 1676+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Based on a translation from the Latin and French by Thomas Lodge; revised and amended according to Arnauld d'Andilly's French translation."--NUC pre-1956.
"The lamentable & tragical history of the wars and utter ruine of the Jews ... Formerly translated ... by Tho. Lodge ... and now revised ..." has special title page, dated 1675.
Errors in paging: 515-516, 567-568, 711-712, 813-814, 847-848 repeated; 643-656, 715-716 omitted in numbering.
Title page printed in black and red.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, J1078
English short title catalogue, R11907
Arber, E. Term catalogues, 1668-1709 A.D., I 241
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks folded map. Bound in contemporary (?) calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Jews -- Antiquities -- Early works to 1800.Jews -- History -- Early works to 1800.Josephus, Flavius.Roper, Abel -- Printer.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1676.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.