Lessons of thrift : published for general benefit / by a member of the Save-all Club.
- London : Printed for Thomas Boys, 7. Ludgate Hill, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- , xvi, 240 [i.e. 196],  p., 12 leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBJ1533.E2 M46 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 276
BEIN J18 C8885 820L Copy 1: Plate to face p. 158 used for frontispiece; with  p. of advertisements at end; plate to face p. 122 wanting.
BEIN J18 C8885 820L Copy 2: Plate to face p. 72 used for frontispiece: advertisement wanting.
BEIN J18 C8885 820L Copy 3: Added 3/7/66. Plate to face p. 186 used for frontispiece; advertisement wanting.
Breaks in pagination: p. 39-42, 87-110, 163-178 omitted. Occasioned by suppression of parts after printing, explained in a note on p. xvi.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gold-stamped dark blue morocco.
Illustrations by J.R. Cruikshank with imprint, London : Dec. 1., 1819.
Printed by Thomas Davison, Whitefriars, London.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 165
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 58
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Boys, Thomas -- Publisher.Conduct of life.Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Finance, Personal -- Humor.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Satire, English.Saving and investment -- Humor.Simplicity.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.