Nead, Lynda, The tiger in the smoke , 
The tiger in the smoke : art and culture in post-war Britain / Lynda Nead.
- New Haven : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art by Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, 407 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryN72.S6 N42 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 378-399) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Art and society.Color in visual communication.Color in visual communication.Domestic space -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Domestic space.Great Britain -- Social conditions -- 20th century.Great Britain.Social conditions.Visual perception.Visual perception.
- The tiger in the smoke
- Broken buildings and 'horrid empty spaces'
- To let in the sunlight
- Learning to think in colour
- 'Thirty thousand colour problems'
- Battersea, Whitechapel and the colours of culture
- Bill and Betty set up home
- An English Sunday afternoon
- Woman in a dressing gown.