Coppard, A. E. (Alfred Edgar), 1878-1957, Tapster's tapestry , 1938
- Tapster's tapestry / by A.E Coppard ; engravings by Gwenda Morgan.
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 1938.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-58,  pages : illustrations. ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6005.O77 T37 1938Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed and published by Christopher & Anthony Sandford and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London, and finished on the 31st day of August, 1938. The edition is limited to 75 copies printed in Perpetua type on Arnold's hand-made paper. ... (There will also be an unlimited edition.)"--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 137
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 24 of 75, signed by the author and artist. Bound in blue half morocco with red buckram boards, by Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- Coppard, A. E. (Alfred Edgar), 1878-1957 -- Autograph.English fiction -- 20th century.Morgan, Gwenda -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1938.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.