Ford, James (Auctioneer), A catalogue of the late Sir Everard Fawkener's pictures, antique bronzes, large marble group of a lion devouring a horse, two curious Egyptian mummies of a woman and a child , 
- A catalogue of the late Sir Everard Fawkener's pictures, antique bronzes, large marble group of a lion devouring a horse, two curious Egyptian mummies of a woman and a child : several large portraits, of English gentlemen, by Liotard, in frames and glasses : and a collection of other valuable pictures, vases, and basso relievos, a curious table inlaid with brass, a large book-case, &c. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Ford, at his Great Room in St. James's Haymarket, on Tuesday the 27th of this instant March 1759.
- [London] : [James Ford], 
- Physical Description:
- 3,  pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 1 no. 4 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A568
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 1039
Date of sale: March 27, 1759.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 4 of 61 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Fawkener, Everard, Sir, 1684-1758 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Mummies -- Egypt -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.