Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of all the Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures, and valuable museum of rare and scarce articles of antique, the property of Gustavus Brander, Esq. deceased , 
- A catalogue of all the Italian, French, Flemish and Dutch pictures, and valuable museum of rare and scarce articles of antique, the property of Gustavus Brander, Esq. deceased : brought from his seat at Christ Church in Hampshire : which will be sold by auction by Mr. Christie, (by order of the executors) at his Great Room in Pall Mall, on Friday the 11th of December 1789, and the following day ...
- [London] : [James Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 1 no. 43 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A1710
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 4496
Date of sale: December 11-12, 1789.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 43 of 61 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Brander, Gustavus, 1720-1787 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Ceramics -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.