Homer : Odyssey / Pope.
- Additional Title(s):
Odyssey. English. (Pope)
- London : The Nonesuch press, MCMXXXI 
Haarlem : Joh. Enschedé en Zonen, 
- Physical Description:
- , 759,  pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA4021 .A2 1931+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title in red and black, chapter-headings in red ; head-pieces.
Greek and English on facing pages.
"The Greek text of this edition is, by permission of the delegates of the Oxford University Press, that of the Oxford Classical Texts. The English is printed from the first (1723) edition of Pope's Odyssey. The ornaments have been designed, engraved and composed for this edition by and under the supervision of Rudolf Koch & Fritz Kredel. It has been printed and made in Holland by Joh. Enschedé en Zonen, Haarlem, in the Greek type of J. van Krimpen and monotype Cochin. There are 835 copies for sale in England, and 465 copies for sale in the United States by Random House."--Colophon.
Dreyfus, J. History of the Nonesuch Press, 78
BEIN Ik P810 +715s 2: "This is number 426."
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 977 of 1300 copies. Bound in brown morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Epic poetry, Greek -- Translations into English.Odysseus, King of Ithaca (Mythological character) -- Poetry.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.