Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of the superb jewels, trinkets, plate, gold and silver medals, china, &c. of a person of great rank, dec. , 
- A catalogue of the superb jewels, trinkets, plate, gold and silver medals, china, &c. of a person of great rank, dec. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie : at his Great Room, the Royal Academy, in Pall Mall : on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, the 1st, 2d and 3d of February, 1773 : to be viewed on Friday and Saturday preceding the sale, which will begin at twelve o'clock : catalogues may be had as above.
- [London] : [James Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v.1 no. 15 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The consignor was Augusta, widow of Frederick Louis, Prince of Wales."--ESTC.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 2108
Date of sale: February 1-3, 1773.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. With note on title page: "Augusta Princess of Wales." Number 15 of 61 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Augusta, Princess of Wales, 1719-1772 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Jewelry -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Medals -- Catalogs.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Porcelain -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.