Christie and Ansell (London, England), A catalogue of a most capital, valuable collection of Italian, French, Flemish, and Dutch pictures , 
- A catalogue of a most capital, valuable collection of Italian, French, Flemish, and Dutch pictures : also, some high finished drawings by the most celebrated modern masters, the whole selected with great taste, being the genuine property of a man of fashion : amongst which are the works of the following masters : Titian, P. Veronese, A. Carracci, Guido, Canneletto, Poussin, Rubens, Van Dyck, Teniers, Brughel, Rembrandt, Berghem, Cup, C. du Jardin, Both, Mucheron, Le Duc, Barret, Cipriani, Marlow, P. Sandby, Angelica, Wilson, Bartolozzi, &c. : likewise a remarkably fine landscape, by Wynants, the figures by Adrian Vandevelde : a group of cattle in a landscape, by Loutherbourg, presumed one of the best performances of that master : and several others truly worthy the attention of the curious : which will be sold by auction, by Mess. Christie and Ansell, at their Great Room, next Cumberland House, Pall Mall, on Friday, January 23d, 1784, and the following day : to be publickly viewed on Wednesday and Thursday preceding, and to the sale, which will begin each day at twelve o'clock.
- [London] : [Christie and Ansell], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6+ v. 1, no. 29 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-A1391
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 3699
Date of sale: January 23-24, 1784.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in graphite wih sale prices for some lots. Number 29 of 61 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.