Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956-, Andy Goldsworthy , 2017
Andy Goldsworthy : projects.
- Additional Title(s):
- New York : Abrams, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 367 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly color), color map ; 37 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.G5344 A12 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes an interview with the artist by Tina Fiske.
"Andy Goldsworthy: Projects presents more than forty of the artist's large-scale sculptural works from around the world. Using local materials--including stone, clay, and wood--Goldsworthy's projects result from a rigorous interaction with the materials and conditions that he encounters where he is. For Goldsworthy, nature does not stop at the city or with people. Each project subjects Gorldsworthy's ideas about the work to the brute facts of natural forces: sunlight, sedimentation, tides, erosion, extremes of heat and cold, and growth and decay. Compelling and thought provoking, the hard-won simplicity of each project is underscored by a complex thought-and-construction process--revealed here in photographs, drawings, notes, and an in-depth interview"--Jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- ART -- Sculpture.Earthworks (Art)Earthworks (Art)England.Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956-Goldsworthy, Andy, 1956- -- Interviews.Nature in art.Nature in art.Outdoor sculpture.Outdoor sculpture.Sculptors -- England -- 20th century.Sculptors.
- Wood through wall. New York State, USA. 1993
- Chalk stones. Sussex, England. 2002
- Oak Cairn. England. 2006
- White walls. Galerie LeLong, New York, USA. 2007
- Clay houses. Maryland, USA. 2008
- Refuges des arbres. La petite escaláere, Saint-Laurent-de-Gosse, France. 2008
- Spire. Presidio of San Francisco, USA. 2008
- Stone house. Jupiter Artland Foundation, Edinburgh, Scotland. 2009
- Oak room. Chãateau La Coste, Bourgogne-Franche-Comtâe, France. 2009
- Stone coppice. Jupiter Artland Foundation, Edinburgh, Scotland. 2009
- Marrburn arch. Dumfriesshire, Scotland. 2009
- Five men, seventeen days, fifteen boulders, one wall. New York State, USA. 2010
- Refuge d'art, col de l'escuichiáere. Alps-de-Haute-Provence, France. 2004 & 2010. For Joel
- Coppice room. Jupiter Art Foundation, Edinburgh, Scotland. 2010
- Alderney stones. Alderney, Channel Islands. 2011
- Wood line. Presidio of San Francisco, USA. 2011
- Strangler cairn. Conondale Range Great Walk, Queensland, Australia. 2011
- Edge. New York State, USA. 2011
- Line. New York State, USA. 2011
- Holes. New York State, USA. 2011
- Path. Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, USA. 2012
- Domo de Argila. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. 2012
- Stone Sea. Saint Louis Art Museum, USA. 2012
- Mallorca cairn. Mallorca, Spain. 2013
- Rising stone. Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, USA. 2013
- Tree fall. Presidio of San Francisco, USA. 2013
- Culvert cairn. California, USA. 2013
- Drawing rooms. Slowtrack, Madrid, Spain. 2013
- Wall drawing. Massachusetts, USA. 2014
- 48 the old high street. Clay window and clay steps. Folkestone, England. 2014
- Earth wall. Presidio of San Francisco, USA. 2014
- Sleeping stones. Serranâia de Cuenca, Spain. 2014
- Passage. New Hampshire, USA. 2015
- Watershed boulder. New Hampshire, USA. 2015
- Fireplace. North Yorkshire, England. 2015
- Redwall. North Yorkshire, England. 2015
- Chaumont cairn. Loir-et-Cher, France, 2016
- Leaf house. Dumfriesshire, Scotland, 2016-17
- Boulder house. New Hampshire, USA. 2016
- Torn tree shelter. Ohio, USA. 2016
- Road. Ohio, USA. 2016
- Contour 950. Ohio, USA 2016
- Red hill. Ohio, USA. 2016
- Arundel Street. London, England. 2017.