Meyrick, Robert, Charles Tunnicliffe , 
Charles Tunnicliffe : prints : a catalogue raisonné / Robert Meyrick and Harry Heuser.
- London : Royal Academy of Arts, 
- Physical Description:
- 336 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.T819 M49 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition "Second nature : the art of Charles Tunnicliffe RA", held at the Tennant Gallery, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 11 July - 8 October 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (page 330) and index.
Catalogue of the prints of Charles Frederick Tunnicliffe OBE RA (1901-1979), who worked in numerous media, his subject matter of British birds and other fauna was always depicted, unusually for the time, in their natural habitat. Renowned as the illustrator of the 1932 edition of Henry Williamson's Tarka the Otter and numerous Brooke Bond tea cards, Tunnicliffe was elected an Associate of the Royal Academy in 1944 and a Royal Academician in 1954.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain.Nature in art -- Exhibitions.Nature in art.Printmakers -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Printmakers.Prints -- Great Britain -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Prints.Tunnicliffe, C. F. (Charles Frederick), 1901-1979 -- Catalogues raisonnés.Tunnicliffe, C. F. (Charles Frederick), 1901-1979 -- Exhibitions.Tunnicliffe, C. F. (Charles Frederick), 1901-1979.
- Catalogues raisonnés.