Hicks, David, 1929-1998, David Hicks scrapbooks , 2017
David Hicks scrapbooks / edited by Ashley Hicks.
- Additional Title(s):
- First edition.
- New York ; London : Vendome, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (unpaged) : chiefly color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Reference LibraryNK2047.6.H525 A2 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- British designer David Hicks wowed the English decorating world with his bold geometric prints, electrifying color combinations, and quirky mix of antique and contemporary furniture. Thanks to his prodigious talents, his gift for publicity, and his connection to the royal family through his wife, Lady Pamela Mountbatten (cousin of Prince Philip), Hicks attracted an A-list clientele. For decades, Hicks documented every salient moment of his life in scrapbooks, amassing 25 volumes filled with press clippings, invitations, swatches of his signature textiles, sketches of interiors, magazine articles on his projects, and hundreds of photographs, mainly family snapshots but also his own photos of people like Jackie Kennedy, Grace Kelly, and Andy Warhol. Many of the pages, now thumbed and foxed, are laid out in a collage style, and several are embellished with drawings and notes, revealing Hicks's thoughts and sense of whimsy.
- Subject Terms:
- England.Groebritannien.Hicks, David, 1929-1998 -- Catalogs.Hicks, David, 1929-1998.Hicks, David, 1929-1998.Innenarchitektur.Interior decoration -- England.Interior decoration.Interior decorators -- England -- 20th century -- Biography.Interior decorators.Scrapbooks -- 20th century -- Catalogs.Scrapbooks.
- Part 1, 1950-62
- Part 2, 1962-66
- Part 3, 1966-69
- Part 4, 1969-72
- Part 5, 1972-77
- Part 6, 1977-98.