IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Emin, Tracey, 1963-, Tracey Emin , 2017
Tracey Emin : works 2007-2017 / essay by Jonathan Jones.
- Additional Title(s):
- New York, NY : Rizzoli International Publications, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 399 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 33 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.Em45 A12 2017 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 382-389).
"Compiled in close collaboration with the artist and unprecedented in its scope, this definitive book collects ten years of Tracey Emin's drawings, paintings, sculptures, appliqués and embroideries, neons, video stills, and installations. A multimedia artist whose intensely personal work blurs the boundaries between art and life, Emin remains one of the most highly publicized contemporary British artists and continues to stir as much controversy as she has acclaim. Moving chronologically through a prolific decade of work--from major public installations to recent reflective paintings and sculptures--this book shows a coherent vision that defies the idiosyncrasies of Emin's evolution as an artist. The same mixture of anger, hope, curiosity, and vulnerability that informs her delicate drawings and handwritten neon works can be felt in the darker tones of recent monoprints and the weight of later bronze pieces. Written by Jonathan Jones, whose text places Emin's work in a broad art-historical context and sees this recent decade of her artwork as an entry point to examining her full career, this is a beautiful monograph on one of the world's most influential living artists"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 21st century -- Catalogs.Emin, Tracey, 1963- -- Catalogs.Emin, Tracey, 1963- -- Themes, motives.Multimedia (Art) -- Great Britain -- 21st century -- Catalogs.
- Between the bed and the clock / Jonathan Jones
- Tracey Emin, works 2007-2017
- List of works
- Select bibliography