Christie, Mr. (James), 1730-1803, A catalogue of a genuine capital and valuable collection of pictures, late the property of Isaac Jemineau, Esq; deceased , 
- A catalogue of a genuine capital and valuable collection of pictures, late the property of Isaac Jemineau, Esq; deceased : eminently distinguished for his refined taste in the polite arts, and selected during his long residence as British Consul, at Naples : comprising the works of the following great and admired masters, viz : Raphael, Guido, Solimeni, P. Veronses, Paffinelli, Van Uden, Carracci, Claude, Titian, Borgognione, P. Brill, Palma, Poussin, F. Penna, S. Rosa, Canneletti, Tintorett, P. Cortona, Perugino, Guerchino, Occhiali, Bassan, C. Cignani, Polenborgh : N.B. The whole of the collection remains exactly in the state as left by the late possessor : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Christie, at his great room in Pall Mall, on Friday the 26th of February 1790, and following day, at twelve o'clock : to be viewed two days preceding the sale, when catalogues may be had at the Rainbow Coffee House, Cornhill, and in Pall Mall.
- [London] : [Mr. Christie], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .N6 + v. 1 no. 44 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-4388
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 4537
Date of sale: February 26-27, 1790.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. Number 44 of 61 auction catalogs bound together. The volume bound in contemporary half calf; with the armorial bookplate of Baron Northwick; signed in manuscript: William Upcott, London Institution, 1823.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Jemineau, Isaac -- Art collections -- Catalogs.London Institution -- Ownership.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Painting, European -- Catalogs.Sculpture, European -- Catalogs.Upcott, William, 1779-1845 -- Autograph.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.