Australian art in the collection of the National Gallery of Victoria , 2016
Australian art in the collection of the National Gallery of Victoria / Elena Taylor (editor).
- Melbourne, Victoria : National Gallery of Victoria, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- v, 249 pages : colour illustrations, portraits ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN3948 .A97 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Australian Art in the Collection of the National Gallery of Victoria presents a new perspective on the NGV's unrivalled Australian art collection. Since the Gallery's foundation in 1861 its holdings of Australian art have grown to include more than 27,000 items, encompassing all artistic media and many of the nation's best known and loved works.This book presents a selection of 100 works from across the NGV's collection of Australian art by Australia's most esteemed artists, as well as little-known artists, showing the diverse artistic practices of Australia's visual culture. This fully illustrated volume explores the richness and diversity of the NGV's collection and provides an overview of the history of Australian art, from the beginning of European colonisation to the present day.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Australian -- Australia -- Victoria -- Exhibitions.Art, Australian.Art, Modern -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern.National Gallery of Victoria -- Exhibitions.National Gallery of Victoria.Victoria.
- Exhibition catalogs.