Callum Innes : I'll close my eyes / authors, Briony Fer, Carter E. Foster, Colm Tóibín, Dr. Fiona Bradley.
- Additional Title(s):
I'll close my eyes
- Berlin : Hatje Cantz ; London : Frith Street Gallery ; New York : Sean Kelly Gallery, 
- Physical Description:
- 302 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.In455 A12 2016 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at the De Pont Museum, Tilburg, October 15, 2016-February 26, 2017.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 296-300).
"His large-format paintings always wish to be more than just square surfaces. Although the Scottish painter Callum Innes (*1962 in Edinburgh) has devoted himself and his inimitable brushwork mainly to this clearly delimited format since the 1990s, his Minimalist paintings primarily deal with the thorough exploration of painting. After painting a bar of color, he immerses his brush in turpentine and proceeds to remove what's there. This is often followed by yet another coat and finally, another removal. Innes has steadily created poetic paintings, using different color combinations and intensities, as well as different materials--canvas, watercolor paper, and masonry. Photographs of installations and fascinating details allow readers to sense the effects of Innes's art in a wonderful way. What at first seems to be merely abstract ultimately reveals gorgeous, hypnotic depth."--Publisher web site.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and Design.Art and Design.Innes, Callum, 1962-Innes, Callum, 1962- -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Introduction / Hendrik Driessen
- Colour process time / Briony Fer
- Chance and constraint: the watercolours of Callum Innes / Carter E. Foster
- Water/Colour / Colm Tóibin
- Object lesson / Fiona Bradley
- List of works