Gough, Paul, Zawn , 2016
Zawn : walking West Penwith : cliff-edge painting by Paul Lewin / Paul Gough.
- Additional Title(s):
Cliff-edge painting by Paul Lewin
- Bristol : Sansom and Company, a publishing imprint of Redcliffe Press Ltd., 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 96 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.L577678 G68 2016 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published in conjunction with an exhibition at Cornwall Contemporary Gallery, Penzance: 9 November - 3 December 2016
This new book will take the form of a collection of existing paintings, and others created specifically for this publication, each painting marking a walking line west from Newlyn along the headland to Land's End, then north to Zennor. The images will be accompanied by a text written by Paul Gough. It will contextualise Paul Lewin's practice in the history of Cornish painting, the tradition of en plein work, but will also offer a commentary on the artist's sojourn across West Penwith. The book will also include an interview between the painter and writer which will cover the artist's approach to painting, his methods, materials and those artists and writers who matter most to him.
- Subject Terms:
- Cliffs in art -- England -- Exhibitions.Landscape painting, British -- Exhibitions.Lewin, Paul, 1967- -- Exhibitions.Painters -- England -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Penwith (England) -- In art -- Exhibitions.
- Machine generated contents note: