Nettleship, Ida, The good Bohemian , 2017
- The good Bohemian : the letters of Ida John / selected and edited by Rebecca John and Michael Holroyd.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Correspondence. Selections
- London ; New York : Bloomsbury Publishing, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 331 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.N3361 A12 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 318) and index.
When Ida Nettleship married Augustus John in 1901 it was against the wishes of her parents. But Ida was in love with this flamboyant and charismatic man who would become one of the most famous artists of his time. A naturally gifted writer, it is with a candour and social intelligence extraordinary for a woman of her period that Ida opens up her world, revealing her anguish when Augustus falls in love with another woman and her courage in deciding to live in a ménage á trois.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Artists.Families.Great Britain.John, Augustus, 1878-1961 -- Family.John, Augustus, 1878-1961.Nettleship, Ida -- Correspondence.Nettleship, Ida.Women artists -- Great Britain -- Correspondence.Women artists.
- Records and correspondence.