A pottle of strawberries, to beguile a short journey, or a long half hour / by Albert Smith ; with illustrations by Gilbert and Henning.
- London : D. Bogue, Fleet Street, MDCCCXLVIII 
London : Printed by Schulze and Co., 13, Poland Street
- Physical Description:
- 62 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5453.S4 P68 1848Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from verso of title page.
Illustrations by George Measom; after JG (John Gilbert).
Includes illustrated initials and tail-pieces.
"The Author is indebted to Messrs. Ingram and Cooke, of the Illustrated London News for many of the cuts in this little book. The others are drawn by Mr. Gilbert and Mr. Henning."--Colophon.
- Subject Terms:
- Satire, English.Snobs and snobbishness -- Great Britain -- Satire.
- Wood engravings -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1848.
Chromoxylographs. -- 1848.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, Albert, 1816-1860, A pottle of strawberries, to beguile a short journey, or a long half hour , MDCCCXLVIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.